The Rockford Volunteer Fire Department is currently at 31 members and there are two openings. Applications are available at City Hall or you can print a copy – Fire Department Application.
The department serves the City of Rockford, parts of the Rockford Township and parts of the City of Greenfield. Quarterly board meetings are held with all government entities. The fire board consists of the two elected official from the City of Rockford, City of Greenfield and the Rockford Township.
Join the Fire Department for breakfast on first Sunday in May at the fire station. This is an annual fund raiser where you can enjoy a great breakfast: eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, milk, juice and coffee. Tickets are available at the door or you can purchase your tickets from fire members or at city hall.
New calendars have been delivered to all homes in the Rockford service district. There are a few available at city hall if you did not receive one.
Recreational Fire information
For Burn permits located in Wright County visit: http://webapps1.dnr.state.mn.us/burning_permits/ and located in Hennepin County, visit Ace Hardware in Greenfield.
In the event of a fire emergency in your neighborhood during the winter months could fire fighters find the nearest hydrant closes to your home? Or does it get buried under a pile of snow? Valuable time is lost when fire fighters need to shovel out hydrants before hooking up to them.
The Rockford Fire Department is seeking neighborhoods, student groups, senior organizations, families, individuals or businesses to participate in the “Adopt-a-hydrant” Program. By adopting a fire hydrant you are agreeing to keep a 3-foot radius around the hydrant free and clear of snow, shrubbery and weeds. To make this project fun we are also asking anyone who would like to exercise their creativity and help beautify Rockford to paint your adopted hydrant.
Click below to view:
- Program Information
- Adopt-a-Hydrant Application
- Painting Instructions
- Video Painting Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pancake Breakfast – 1st Sunday in May (7am-noon) at the Fire Department
- National Night Out – 1st Tuesday in August at the Lion’s Park
- Waterball Tournament – River Days Festival, Second Saturday in August at 3:00 on Cedar Street
- Halloween – The department patrols the area and hands out light sticks to trick and treaters.
- December – Visit Santa at the Fire Dept. for games and picture taking.
Fire Department Staff
- Chief: Ben Sanderson (01/01/2012 to 12/31/2013) – email@example.com
- Assistant Chief: Nathan Buoy (01/01/2012 to 12/31/2013) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Captain 1: Jeff Jensen - email@example.com
- Captain 2: Bill Decker - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Captain 3: Kyle Loraff - email@example.com
- Captain 4: Ron Harkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lieutenant 1: Moriah Schmit
- Lieutenant 2: Tyler Larson
- Medical Officer: Ron Harkins – email@example.com
Community Liaison: Bill Decker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Meetings are held the 1st Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Training Meetings are conducted the 4th Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.