Is there a Compost Site?  Yes

  • Open yearly April 15th to November 1st – weather pending
  • Hours:  Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:00pm, Wednesday 4:30pm-dusk and Saturday 8am-noon
  • No Dumping Allowed – items accepted:  grass clippings, leaves and brush no larger than 3” diameter
  • All bags used to transport composting must be removed
  • No tree/lawn care business compost material allowed
  • ONLY compost material originating from within the city limits shall be accepted at the municipal site.  There  shall  be no fee for Rockford residents to use the municipal site, and no charge to pick-up finished material when  available
  • Violation(s) of this ordinance may be punishable by a fine.


How do I file for homestead for my property?

Wright County Government Center in Buffalo 763-682-3900
Hennepin County Gov Center city hall has paperwork

Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)

FEMA FIRM 27053C0109F

FEMA FIRM 27053C0126F

FEMA FIRM 27053C0128F


What is the phone # of the Rockford post office?


What is the Local newspaper?

Crow River News 763-425-3323

Rental information about Riverside Park:

Contact city hall 763-477-6565

What is the number for Community Education?


How do I rent the community center?

Contact 763-477-4563

How do I license my dog?

Come in to city hall and bring your vaccination information.
Dog licenses are $12 for spade/neutered animals
$18 for natural and they expire every two years
A dog over 6 months old needs to be licensed.

Do I need a permit for windows, siding and roofing?

Yes.  These are a flat fee of $51.00 unless it is a commercial building.

Do we have a Chamber of Commerce?

Yes the Rockford/Greenfield Chamber for more information check out their website www.rgchamber.org

When is River Days and how do I sign up for an activity?

River Days is held annually on the second weekend of August.
The events start on Friday night and end Sunday evening.
They have a website with contact information www.rockfordriverdays.weebly.com