December 5th – in the Riverside Park at 8220 Elm Street
5:00 p.m. – Fireworks & Tree Lighting
Bring along your thermos of Hot Chocolate and enjoy the crisp air and bright fireworks and trees! Please use the wide-open spaces of the park to social distance! Fireworks sponsored by The City of Rockford. Thank you!
Enjoy walking through the one-way tree lane of 100 trees lit up for the season! Trees will be turned on right after the fireworks and will remain lit through January 1st.
TREE LIGHTING WILL BE LIVE STREAMED ON RIVERWORKS FACEBOOK PAGE STARTING AT 5:00 P.M.
Like their page on Facebook
Note: There are wide open spaces, please make all efforts to social distance; as required, please wear a mask. Thank You!
See flyer for details:
A few highlights: (Due to the recent Executive Order, many events have been cancelled or postponed)
- Jolly Jingle Jog 5K Fun Run (Registration fee is a bag of groceries to be donated to the food shelf.)
- Girl Scout Christmas & Gift Sale (Fire Station) 10am-1pm
- Pictures with Santa (Fire Station) 10am-2pm
- Stork House – Open House noon -4pm
- Rockford Library – Open House 11am-1pm
- FREE Horse and Wagon Rides from Riverside Park to tour Stork House
- Christmas Music in the Park 4:30pm
- Fireworks & Light up the Trees in the Park at 5:30pm
- MANY MORE ACTIVITIES
Toy and food donations will be accepted at all events and at Riverside Park from 1pm-5:30pm.
The food shelf is especially looking for spaghetti sauce, chocolate chips, cereal, and hearty soups.