The City of Rockford is seeking qualified election judges to assist with 2022 Elections (Primary – August 9th and General – November 8th). If you are interested, please complete the attached Election Judge Application and return to City Hall.
An election judge MUST be:
- eligible to vote in the State of Minnesota;
- able to read, write and speak English;
- appointed by the appointing authority (county, city, township, or school board); and
- trained and currently certified as an election judge.
The two hour election judge training will be required to be consider as an election judge.
An election judge CANNOT be:
- a candidate in that election (i.e., is running for an office on the ballot used in that precinct, or is a write-in candidate in the jurisdiction in which they are actively campaigning);
- the husband, wife, parent, child, stepchild, brother, sister or stepsibling, of a candidate or another judge in the same precinct; or
- a challenger.
Individual who are related to each other may serve as election judges in the same precinct provided that they serve on separate shifts that do not overlap.
Individuals applying to be election judges need to declare their party affiliation, if they are affiliated with a major political party.