Community Updates

New City Hall & Public Works operating hours 


2024 Recycle Schedule


Frequently Asked Questions

When is city wide cleanup day?

Typically, it’s the first Saturday in May from 8:00 am – noon at the Public Works Building. There is a small fee to drop off items. Contact City Hall for an updated fee schedule: (763) 477-6565, ex. 1.

When is Thousand Hearts Serve Day?

The third Saturday in May.

What do I do if I find a stray animal?

The City of Rockford only responds to calls related to stray dogs. If you have or see a stray dog, please contact the Public Works Department at (763) 477-4346 from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. For all other animals, please contact the Wright County Sheriff’s Department.

Is there a composting site?

Yes. Onsite composting is typically available from April 15 th to November 1st, Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:00pm, Wednesday 7:30pm-dusk and Saturday 8am-noon (weather permitting). There is no dumping allowed. All bags used to transport composting must be removed. Items that are excepted include: grass clippings and leaves/brush no larger than 3” diameter. No tree or lawn care business compost material allowed. ONLY compost material originating from within the city limits shall be accepted at the municipal site. There is no fee for Rockford residents to use the municipal site, and no charge to pick-up finished material when available. Violation(s) of this ordinance may be punishable by a fine.

What is the phone number for the Rockford post office?
What is the local newspaper?

The local paper for the City of Rockford is the Crow River News: (763) 425-3323

How do I reserve the Riverside Park building and gazebo?

For rental information, rates, and availability, please contact Rockford City Hall: (763) 477-6565, ex. 1.

Rental Form

How to I obtain a dog license?

For licensing of a dog, please bring your vaccination information to Rockford City Hall. Dog licenses are $12 for spade/neutered animals, $18 for natural, and they expire every two years. Every dog over the age of six months needs to be licensed.

Do I need a permit for windows, siding, and roofing?

Yes. There is a flat fee of $51.00 unless it is a commercial building. Metro West handles inspections on permits issued. Call (763) 479-1720 to schedule an inspection.

Does Rockford have a Chamber of Commerce?

Yes. The Rockford/Greenfield Chamber serves the City of Rockford and the surrounding area. For more information visit

When is River Days and how do I volunteer for activities?

River Days is held annually on the second weekend of August. The events start on Friday night and end Sunday evening. For more information visit:

When is the Rockford city wide garage sale?

It is typically held on the second weekend in June, Thursday – Saturday. For more information or questions, contact City Hall at (763) 477-6565 to get added to the list.

When is Rocktoberfest?

It is typically held on the first Saturday in October.

Contact Us



Phone: 763-477-6565 

Fax: 763-477-4393


6031 Main Street

Rockford, MN 55373


8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m

(Monday - Friday)

Rockford Historical Community News.


Upcoming Meetings & Events

View Events Calendar